Efficacy of using Brovadazol-20 for treatment and prevention of post-diplostomos
, Vasyl Stus Donetsk National University, Vinnytsia
Purpose. To investigate the efficacy of the prevention and treatment of post-diplostomatosis in carp using Brovadazole-20 and to provide recommendations for its use in aquaculture.
Methodology. The study was conducted during 2015-2021 in pond farms of Vinnytsia region. The object of the study were age-1+ carps. The disinvasive properties of different concentrations of Brovadazole-20 were studied at the Research Laboratory of Ichthyopathology of Vasyl Stus Donetsk National University. Brovadazole-20 was used in 10 experimental groups as a part of a medicated feed mixture (MFM) containing from 0.1% to 1.0% of the product by making a granular feed. The daily dose of MFM for treatment was 2.5% by weight of fish.
Subjects were clinically observed for 56 days after drug administration with an interval of two weeks. On the 14th day, samples were taken again and examined, as in the diagnosis. Examinations of skin scrapings for postodiplostomosis metacercariae in age-0+ fish were performed until the disappearance of clinical signs of the disease.
The efficacy of Brovadazole-20 was determined as changes in black spots of different sizes on the body and the results of microscopy of skin scrapings for metacercariae in age-0+ fish.
Findings. The study showed that administration of Brovadazole-20 at low concentrations as a part of a therapeutic feed mixture for fish in the spring and summer did not affect the presence of detected metacercariae in the study objects. The highest content of metacercariae (68.7%) was observed on the 56th day of the experiment at a concentration of 0.1%. At the same exposure regime, but at a concentration of 0.5%, the content of metacercariae of digenean trematode Posthodiplostomum cuticola in the sample was only 18.7%, and clinical signs of the disease were absent at a concentration of 0.6%.
Originality. For the first time in the Vinnytsia region, a study was conducted on the use of prophylactic and therapeutic product Brovadazole-20 in postdiplostomosis in carp reared in pond conditions.
Practical value. The results of this work provide recommendations on the use of prophylactic and therapeutic product Brovadazole-20 for the treatment and prevention of postodiplostomosis in carp.
Key words: parasites, water bodies, monitoring, Posthodiplostomum cuticola, Brovadazole-20
- Alekin, O. A., Semenov A. D.,& Skopintsev, B. A. (1973). Rukovodstvo po khimicheskomu analizu vod sushi. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat.
- Haievska, A. V. (2004).Parazytolohiia ta patolohiia ryb.Kyiv: Naukova dumka.
- Goncharuk, V. V., Goncharuk, V. V, Zhukinskiy, V. N., Chernyavskaya, A. P., & Skubchenko, V. F. (2003). Razrabotka ekologo-gigienicheskoy klassifikatsii kachestva poverkhnostnykh vod Ukrainy. Khimiya i tekhnologiya vody, 25, 2, 106-128.
- Davydov, O. N., & Temnikhanov, Yu. D. (2003).Bolezni presnovodnykh ryb. Kiev: Vetinform.
- Davydov, O. N., Abramov, A. V., Kurovskaya, L. Ya.,Temnikhanov, Yu. D., & Neborachek, S. I. (2009). Biologicheskie preparaty i khimicheskie veshchestva v akvakul’ture. Kyiv: Logos.
- Zbozhinskaya, O. V., & Berezovskiy, A. V. (2008).Epizootologicheskiy monitoring gel’mintozov presnovodnykh ryb Zapadnogo regiona Ukrainy.70-letiyu obrazovaniya Vitebskoy oblasti: nauchn.-praktich. konf. Vitebsk, 34-35.
- Naumycheva, M. I. (1954). Stoykost’ yaits nematod k khimicheskim veshchestvam i drugim fizicheskim faktoram. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Moskva.
- Sekretariuk, K. V. (2001). Laboratorna diahnostyka invaziinykh khvorob ryb. Lviv.
- Voda rybohospodarskykh pidpryiemstv. Zahalni vymohy ta normy. (2006). SOU – 05.01.37-385:2006. Kyiv: Ministerstvo ahrarnoi polityky Ukrainy.
- Iuskiv, I. D. (2006). Abiotychni faktory vodnoho seredovyshcha vyrosnykh i nahulnykh stavkiv u zakhidnykh raionakh Ukrainy. Naukovyi visnyk LNAVM im. S. Z. Gzhytskoho, 8, 1(28), 140-145.
- Sherman, I. M., Hrynzhevskyi, M. V., & Zheltov, Yu. O. (2001). Hodivlia ryb. Kyiv: Vyshcha osvita.
- Hoole, D., Bucke, D., Burgess, P., & Welby, I. (2001).Diseases of Carp and other Cyprinid Fishes. USA: Harback. https://doi.org/10.1002/9780470999752