Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2021; 4(58): 87-100
Use of hulless oats in feeding of pedigree 1+ carp as an effective method for ensuringthe physiological needs of fish
, Institute of Fisheries NAAS, Kyiv
Purpose. To study the effect of addition of hulless oats during the growing period on the qualitative and quantitative indicators of replacement-brood stock of carp.
Methodology. The replacement-brood stock of Lubin intra-breed type of Ukrainian scaly carp strain, which were kept in ponds of State Enterprise Experimental Fish Farm of Lviv Research Station of the Institute of Fisheries of the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine (IFNAASU) was used for the study. The stocking density was 1000 fish/ha. The experiment was based on four experimental groups. Carps of the first experimental group were fed during the entire growing period with a feed mixture with the addition of hulles oats in the amount of 10 %, while carps of the second group were fed with a feed with the addition of 30 % of hulless oats. The third experimental group received a feed mixture in June – July, and hulless oats in August. The control group of carp was fed with the feed mixture throughout the entire growing period. The stocking density of fish was 1000 fish/ha. Piscicultural studies were conducted in accordance with current methods. Sampling of water for chemical analysis and its processing in the laboratory was carried out according to O. Alokin according to the Standard of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy of Ukraine.
Haemoglobin content was determined by the haemoglobin-cyanide method. Blood erythrocytes were counted in a Goryaev chamber. Abundance and weight of natural feeds in ponds were determined according to I.A. Kyseliov, V.I. Zhadin. Zooplankton biomass was determined using tables of individual weights of F.D. Mordukhai-Boltovskoi. Analytical processing of the material was performed using MS Excel. The criteria for the analysis of indicators were their mean (M) and mean deviation (m).
Findings. Peculiarities of growth, development of carp and efficiency of feed usage with the addition of hulless oats on the background of similar satisfactory growing conditions were studied. It was found that additional feeding of carp with hulless oats at an amount of 30% was effective. In particular, its addition resulted in an increase in individual weight by 31.1% and survival rate by 2.33%. Studies of the physiological functions of the body of experimental fish during the growing period after adding the hulless oats into the main diet provided an opportunity to recommend its use in the feeding process of age–1+carp in order to increase fish productivity.
Originality. The advisability of using hulless oats in the feeding of replacement-brood stock of juvenile carp was studied in Ukraine for the first time. The analysis of productive, physiological and economic indicators has been carried out.
Practical value. The results of a comprehensive assessment of piscicultura; and biological parameters provide recommendations for the use of hulless oats in the feeding of replacement-brood stock of juvenile carp.
Key words: carp, replacement-brood juvenile stock, feed, feed additives, normalized feeding, physiological needs, fish productivity, feed costs, natural food supply.
- Hrytsyniak, I. I. (2007). Scientific and practical bases of rational feeding of fish. Kyiv: Rybka moya.
- Mukoid, R. M., et al. (2009). Aminokyslotnyi sklad bilkiv zerna riznykh sortiv vivsa. Kharchova promyslovist, 8, 14-16. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8357.2009.01025.x
- Sherman, I. M., et al. (2001). Hodivlya ryb. Kyiv: Vyshcha osvita.
- Matros, O. P., Kekukh, V. F., & Kobyla, I. O. (2009). Holozernyi oves. Perspektyvnyi napriam selektsii kultury. Nasinnytstvo, 1, 7-9.
- Buranova, S. V. (2010). Tekhnolohichni vlastyvosti holozernoho vivsa ta metody yoho zberihannia. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Odesa.
- Petit, H. V., & Alary S. (1999). Milk yield and composition of dairy cows fed concentrate based on naked oats. J Dairy Sci, 82(5). https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(99)75320-8
- Ianochkyn, Y. V., Naumchyk, A. V., & Makarovets, Y. V. (2016). Ispolzovanie kombikormov s vvodom holozernoho i nizkoplenchatoho ovsa pri kormlenii tsуpliat-broilerov. Tavricheskyi nauchnуi obozrevatel, 5(10), 284-289.
- Kononenko, S. Y. (2012). Netradytsyonnуe zernovуe komponentу v ratsionakh svinei. Nauchnyi zhurnal KubHAU, 79 (05).
- Kononenko, S. Y., & Kretynyna, A. H. (2008). Іspolzovanye holozernoho ovsa v sostave polnoratsіonnukh kombikormov. Problemu uvelychenyia proyzvodstva produktov zhyvotnovodstva і put іh reshenyia. Dubrovytsу, 333-335.
- Hrytsyniak, I. I., Zheltov, Yu. O., & Tuchapska, A. Ya. (2010). Holozernyi oves u skladi rybnykh kormiv pry vyroshchuvanni tovarnoho koropa. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 2, 111-115.
- Hrytsyniak, I. I. (2001). Pryrodno-ekonomichni umovy dlia rozvytku rybnoho hospodarstva Lvivskoi oblasti. Rybne hospodarstvo, 59-60, 6-11.
- Zheltov, Yu. A. (2006). Organizatsiya kormleniya raznovozrastnogo karpa v fermerskikh rybnykh khazyaystvakh. Kiev: INKOS.
- Alekin, O. A. (1970). Osnovy gidrohimii. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat.
- Voda rybohospodarskykh pidpryiemstv. Zahalni vymohy ta normy. (2006). SOU 05.01–37–385:2006. Kyiv: Ministerstvo ahrarnoi polityky Ukrainy.
- Andriushchenko, A. I., et al. (1998). Metody pidvyshchennia pryrodnoi ryboproduktyvnosti staviv. Kyiv.
- Kyselev, Y. A. (1956). Metody issledovaniya planktona. Zhyzn presnykh vod SSSR. Ch. 1, t. IV. Moskva, Leningrad: AN SSSR, 183-265.
- Krazhan, S. A., & Khyzhniak, М. І. (2009). Pryrodna kormova baza rybohospodarskykh vodoim. Kyiv: Olderplius.
- Ivanova, N. T. (1974). Metodika nekotoryh gematologicheskih pokazatelej u ryb. Tipovue metodiki issledovanij produkivnosti vidov ryb v predelah ih arealov: sb. nauchn. tr. Vilnius, 83-90.
- Derviz, G. V., & Vorob'ev, A. I. (1969). Kolichestvennoe opredelenie gemoglobina krovi posredstvom apparata FJeK. Laboratornoe delo, 4, 2-8.
- Plohinskij, H. A. (1969). Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlja zootehnikov. Moskva: Kolos.
- Zhiteneva, L. D. (2000). Ekologicheskie zakonomernosti ihtiogematologii. Rostov na-Donu: AzNIIRH.