Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2021; 2(56): 45-58
Characteristics of reproductive parameters and quality of sexual products of female carp (Cyprinus carpio (Linnaeus, 1758)) when feeding them with hulless oat during prespawning period
, Institute of Fisheries NAAS, Kyiv
Purpose. To investigate the effect of feeding carp with hulless oat during pre-spawning period on the reproductive functions of female carp as well as on qualitative characteristics of the obtained eggs.
Methodology. The objects of the study were females of the Nyvky intra-breed type of the Ukrainian scaly carp breed, which were kept during the pre-spawning period in pond conditions of the State Enterprise “Nyvka” of the Institute of Fisheries NAAS of Ukraine. Females were divided into 3 groups. The first group (Experiment I) was fed with 30% hulless oat, the second (Experiment II) with 100% hulless oat. The control group of fish (Control) was fed with a grain mixture. Experiments were conducted in accordance with current methods used in aquaculture. The mass fraction of protein was determined by the Kjeldahl method, the fat content was determined by S.V. Rushkovsky method. Determination of total lipids was performed by the Folch method. Sampling of water for chemical analysis and its processing in the laboratory was carried out according to O.A. Alokin method according to the Standard of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy of Ukraine. Analytical processing of the material was performed using MS Excel. The criteria for the analysis of studied parameters were their mean values (M) and standard deviations (m).
Results. According to studies, the use of 30% hulless oat in the feed of female carp during the pre-spawning has a positive effect on their production of eggs, as evidenced by an increase in relative fertility by 15.6%, fertilization rate by 4.0%, and survival of the obtained 3-day-old larvae by 5.0%.
According to biochemical parameters of eggs, there was an increase in the amount of essential amino acids by 3.04 and 2.01 g/100 g of protein, and fractions of lipids responsible for energy storage, in particular triglycerides, by 11.56 and 5.62%, phospholipids by 3.65 and 2.37%, and fatty acids by 5.33 and 3.11%, respectively, according to the experimental groups. Instead, cholesterol levels decreased by 13.4 and 25.2%.
Temperature, oxygen, and hydrochemical regimes in the hatchery were within aquaculture standards, except for permanganate oxidation and total iron and chlorine ions.
Originality. The prospects of using hulless oat in feeding brood carp were studied in Ukraine for the first time. The analysis of reproductive parameters of female carp as a result of experimental feeding and evaluation of the qualitative characteristics of eggs and offspring obtained by the method of factory reproduction was conducted.
Practical value. The results of a comprehensive assessment of aquaculture and biological parameters will provide recommendations for the use of hulless oat in feeding female carp during pre-spawning period.
Key words: carp, feeding, hulless oats, reproductive parameters, survival, amino acid and lipid composition of eggs.
- Hrytsyniak, I. I. (2007). Naukovo-praktychni osnovy ratsionalnoi hodivli ryb. Kyiv: Rybka moia.
- Sherman, I. M., Hrynzhevskyi, M. V., Zheltov, Yu. O., Pylypenko, Yu. V., Volichenko, M. I., & Hrytsyniak, I. I. (2001). Hodivlia ryb: pidruchnyk. Kyiv: Vyshcha osvita.
- Zaushintsena, A. V., & Borisov Yu., V. (2007). Osnovnye faktory, ogranichivayushchie tekhnologichnost' golozernogo ovsa. Vestn. Krasnoyar. gos. agrar. un-ta, 6, 75-81.
- Kholodchenko, R. M. (n.d.). Oves holozernyi — tsinna zernova kultura. sworld.com.ua. Retrieved from: http://www.sworld.com.ua/konfer26/851.pdf.
- Moudry, J. (1995). Quality and Market of Naked Oat. Quality of grains - contemporary evaluating: proceed. Praha – Ruzyne: Institute of Plant Production, 273.
- Mukoid, R. M., et al. (2009). Aminokyslotnyi sklad bilkiv zerna riznykh sortiv vivsa. Kharchova promyslovist, 8, 14-16. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8357.2009.01025.x
- Matros, O. P., Kekukh, V. F., & Kobyla, I. O. (2009). Holozernyi oves. Perspektyvnyi napriam selektsii kultury. Nasinnytstvo, 1, 7-9.
- Hrytsyniak, I. I., Zheltov, Yu. O., & Tuchapska, A. Ya. (2010). Holozernyi oves u skladi rybnykh kormiv pry vyroshchuvanni tovarnoho koropa. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 2, 111-115.
- Pro zatverdzhennia Zon akvakultury (rybnytstva) ta ryboproduktyvnosti po rehionakh Ukrainy: Nakaz Ministerstva ahrarnoi polityky ta prodovolstva Ukrainy vid 30.01.2013 roku № 45. (2013). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0240-13#Text.
- Ekolohichnyi pasport mista Kyieva za 2019 rik (2020). Kyiv. ecodep.kyivcity.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://ecodep.kyivcity.gov.ua/content/ekologichnyy-pasport.html.
- Hrynzhevskyi, M. V., Hrynzhevskyi, M. V., Sherman, I. M., Hrytsyniak, I. I., Vasylets, S. V., Tretiak, O. M., et al. (2006). Orhanizatsiia selektsiino-pleminnoi roboty v rybnytstvi. Kyiv: Rybka moia.
- Lebedev, P. T., & Usovich, A. T. (1976). Metody issledovaniya kormov, organov i tkaney zhivotnykh. Moskva: Rossel'khozizdat.
- Folch, J., Lees, М., & Stoane-Stanley, G. H. (1957). A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues. J. Biol. Chem., 226, 1, 497-509. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9258(18)64849-5
- Kates, M. (1986). Techniques of lipidology. Amsterdam: Elsevier.
- European Commission. Directive 2010/63/EU of the European Parliament and of the council of 22 September 2010 on the protection of animals used for scientific purposes. (2010). eur-lex.europa.eu. Retrieved from: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2010:276:0033:0079:en:PDF.
- Alekin, O. A. (1970). Osnovy gidrokhimii. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat.
- Voda rybohospodarskykh pіdpryiemstv..Zahalnі vymogy ta normy (2006). SOU 05.01.-37-385:2006. Kyiv: Mіnisterstvo ahrarnoi polіtyky Ukrainy.
- Bols, N. C.(2001). Ecotoxicology and innate immunity in fish. Developmental & Comparative Immunology, 25, 853-873.
- Popova, E. M., & Koshchii, I. V. (2007). Lipidy yak komponent adaptatsii ryb do ekolohichnoho stresu. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 1, 49-56.
- Zheltov, Yu. A., & Alekseenko, A. A. (2006). Kormlenie plemennykh karpov raznykh vozrastov v prudovykh khozyaystvakh. Kiev: Inkos.
- Tocher, D. R. (2003). Metabolism and functions of lipids and fatty acids in teleost fish. Rev. Fish. Sci., 11, 107-184.
- Hrytsyniak, I. I., Smolianinov, K. B., & Yanovych, V. H. (2010). Obmin lipidiv u ryb: monohrafiia. Lviv: Triada plius.