Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2018; 4(46): 15-25
Fish species richness and species diversity in the Uday river within the nationalnature park «Pyryatynsky»
, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Educational and Scientific Center "Institute of Biology and Medicine", Kyiv
Objective. Determination of species richness, species diversity and distribution of fishes in the Uday River within the National Nature Park “Pyryatynskiy” as well as determination of the prioritization in providing the special protection regime for some water areas.
Methodology. The object of study were small-sized fish populations of the Uday River. Sampling was carried out with the framework of monitoring works in association with scientific department of National Nature Park in July 2014-2017. The study was performed in Pyriatynsky district, Poltava region, along the Uday River channel on the territory of the National Nature Park. Monitoring catches were conducted at depths up to 2 m by a beach seine of 6 m in length, mesh size of 5 mm. Sample processing was carried out in accordance with generally accepted methods.
Findings. 19 species of fish belonging to 6 families were found on National Nature Park "Pyryatynsky" territory in the catches of 2014-2017. The largest species richness was found on a station near the village Kaybalovka (14 species). Almost the same number of fish species were observed at all stations. According to the calculated species diversity indices, the highest species diversity index was determined for the station Kaybalivka. Also we calculated the Jaccard similarity coefficient. The most unique water area, according to the calculations, was the area near the station Kaybalivka. A special protection regime should be assigned to this particular water area.
Originality. Any information on fish species diversity in some water areas of the Uday River is absent in the literature, but by using information about changes in species diversity it is possible to draw conclusions about the proper state of the protection of aquatic ecosystems at a specific time. Therefore, the species diversity and distribution of the Uday River has been calculated, and the priority has been given to provide a special regime for the protection of the water area near the village Kaybalivka.
Practical value. The obtained data have been used in the development of plans for the conservation of the biological diversity of the national park, and in the preparation of the management plan of the Emerald Network Europe Project UA0000077.
Key words: species riches, index of species diversity, Jaccard similarity coefficient, ichthyofauna.
- Abduloieva, О. S., et al. (2017). The nature of the national natural park “Pyryatynsky”. Кyiv: Тalkom.
- Podobailo, A. V. (2008) The fish population of the middle reaches of the river Uday. Modern problems of theoretical and practical ichthyology:ІMizhnarodna nauk.-praktych. konf. Каniv, 115.
- Hlotova, N., Kutsokon, Yu., & Podobaylo, A. (2012). Distribution of small-scale fish population in the shallow waters of the Uday River national natural park “Pyryatynsky”. Visnyk of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. 61, 10-11.
- Koshovyi, I., Podobaylo, A., & Kutsokon, Yu. (2015). Monitoring the ichthyofauna of the river. Take it within the limits of the National Nature Park “Pyryatynsky”. Modern problems of theoretical and practical ichthyology: VIIІ Mizhnarodna nauk.-praktych. konf. Kherson, 100-102.
- Koshovyi, I., & Podobaylo, A. (2017). Relative number and distribution of hirchak (Rhodeus amarus (Bloch, 1782)) in the rivers of the National Nature Park "Pyryatynsky". NATURA 2000 network as an innovative system for the protection of rare species and habitats in Ukraine. Materials of the scientific and practical seminar, 59-63.
- Chronicle of the National Natural Park “Pyryatynsky”. Manuscript (2016). Vol. 5.
- Koblickaja, A. F. (1981). Opredelitel' molodi presnovodnyh ryb. Moskva: Legkaja i pishhevaja promyshlennost'.
- Movchan, Yu. V. (2011). Ryby Ukrainy (vyznachnyk-dovidnyk). Kyiv: Zoloti vorota.
- Kosco, J. (2007). Zmeny ichtyocenozu povodia Torysy s dorazom na chranene a invazne druhi. Natura Carpatica, XLVIII, 127-140.
- Harrison, I., Laverty, M., & Sterling, E. (2004). Species Diversity. [S. l.] : OpenStax CNX.