Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2017; 1(39): 6-28
, Agency for the Development of International Cooperation under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Israel (MASHAV), International Training Center for Agriculture, Kibbutz Shefaim
Purpose. The State of Israel is one of the world leaders in the development of modern technologies, particularly in fisheries industry. E.g., 30 fish farms annually provide production of over 18,000 tons of fish, with an average yield of more than 8 tons per hectare. The fish equipment manufactured in this country is supplied to the Asia, Africa, Europe, South and North America countries, Australia. Israelis' specialists and companies design, build and implement engineering and technological support of fish-breeding enterprises in the EU, China, Nigeria, Georgia, Russia, Belarus, etc. The ongoing shortage of water in the country has spurred innovation in water conservation techniques, and a substantial agricultural modernization, drip irrigation. Israel is also at the technological forefront of desalination and water recycling. The Sorek desalination plant is the largest seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) desalination facility in the world. As of 2015, more than 50 percent of water for Israeli households, agriculture and industry is artificially produced. The country hosts an annual Water Technology and Environmental Control Exhibition & Conference (WATEC) that attracts thousands of people from all over the world. In 2011, Israel's water technology industry was worth around $2 billion a year with annual exports of products and services of dozens of millions of dollars. Due to innovations in reverse osmosis technology, Israel is set to become a net exporter of water in the incoming years. At the same time, publications in Ukraine about the aquaculture branch of Israel concern mainly statistical information, or are devoted to individual ichthyopathological problems, genetic studies, etc. It does not allow analyzing a comprehensive development in this industry of Israel. Thus, the compilation and analysis of existing information is a relevant issue. This article expands the awareness of specialists on the specifics of fisheries industry, marine and freshwater fisheries in Israel, aquaculture technologies, and other fisheries related topics in Israel.
Findings. The work written by the organizer and participants of the training course "Intensive Pond Fish Culture", which was held in Israel in December 2016, is a comprehensive survey of modern aquaculture in Israel. In particular, it describes the characteristics of freshwater and marine fish farming and fishing, the technologies used as well as the state fisheries management system.
Practical value. This review would help to modernize management approaches in fisheries sector of Ukraine, educational and scientific activities, and develop the international cooperation with Israel.
Keywords: Israel, fisheries, aquaculture, mariculture, recirculating aquaculture system (RAS), integrated fish farming systems, fishing, Lake Kinneret, sturgeon breeding in Israel, briefing service.
- Dubson, Boris. Sotsial'nyy status izrail'skogo fermera. farmgarden.ru. Retrieved from : http://farmgarden.ru/article_info.php?articles_id=98.
- Izrail'skie tekhnologii. j-group-global.com. Retrieved from : http://www.j-group-global.com/ru/israeli-technology.
- Oziranskiy, Yu., Kol'makova, E. G., & Margolina, I. L. (2014). Integrirovannoe upravlenie ogranichennymi vodnymi resursami v tselyakh ustoychivogo vodoobespecheniya aridnykh regionov (opyt gosudarstva Izrail'). Aridnye ekosistemy, 20, 4(61), 57-65.
- Grayver, Saymon. Grani izrail'skoy ekonomiki. web.archive.org. Retrieved from : http://web.archive.org/web/20030811053252/http://posolstvo.narod.ru/lib/agro.html.
- Water Authority of Israel. water.gov.il. Retrieved from : http://water.gov.il.
- Sel'skoe khozyaystvo Izrailya. guide-israel.ru. Retrieved from : http://guide-israel.ru/country/7349-selskoe-xozyajstvo-izrailya.
- Sel'skoe khozyaystvo v Izraile. israelguids.ru. Retrieved from : israelguids.ru.
- Lyukimson, Petr. Kak Izrail' ves' mir ryboy nakormit. isrageo.com. Retrieved from : http://www.isrageo.com/2015/12/28/fish.
- Innovatsionnye tekhnologii razvedeniya ryby. mvs.tvercenter.ru. Retrived from : http://www.mvs.tvercenter.ru/breeding.asp?idRazdel=16&IDArticle=340.
- Cohen, Dan. (1996). Integration of aquaculture and irrigation: Rationale, principles and its practice in Israel. Advanced irrigation conference, AGRITECH. Israel.
- Chernitskiy, A. (2009). Vkusnye ryby Izrailya. Izd. 2-e. Gertsliya : Isradon.
- Ryby Izrailya v tsifrakh (i markakh). rybafish.umclidet.com. Retrieved from : http://rybafish.umclidet.com/ryby-izrailya-v-cifraxi-markax.
- FishBase. fishbase.org. Retrieved from : http://www.fishbase.org.
- Ministry of Agriculture and rural development. moag.gov.il. Retrieved from : http://moag.gov.il.
- Israel NewTech (water renewable energy technologies). israelnewtech.gov.il. Retrieved from : http://israelnewtech.gov.il.
- Zabutyy, A. (2012). Sel'skoe khozyaystvo Izrailya. Sonderdruck aus Hannoversches Jahrbuch. Band 3, Hannover, 25.
- Ryba-fish po-eylatski. rybafish.umclidet.com. Retrieved from : http://rybafish.umclidet.com/usachi-kinereta.htm.
- Genisaretskoe ozero – Tiveriadskoe ozero. geosfera.org. Retrieved from : http://geosfera.org/aziya/izrail/658-ozero-kineret-tiveriadskoe-ozero-galileyskoe-more-genisaretskoe-ozero.html.
- Ozero Kineret – Tiveriadskoe ozero – Galileyskoe more – Genisaretskoe ozero. miroland.blogspot.com. Retrieved from : http://miroland.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-post_1583.html.
- Apostol Petr. days.pravoslavie.ru. Retrieved from : http://days.pravoslavie.ru/
- Wolf, Aaron T. (1995). Hydropolitics along the Jordan river. United Nations University Press.
- Biology and management of Lake Kinneret Fisheries. The Israeli Journal of Aquaculture – Bamidgeh, 44, 48-65.
- «Kinneret – General» (in Hebrew). Israel Oceanographic & Limnological Research. kinneret.ocean.org.il. Retrieved from : http://kinneret.ocean.org.il/
- Ostrovsky, I., & Walline, P. (2001) Multiannual changes in the pelagic fish Acanthobrama terraesanctae in Lake Kinneret (Israel) in relation to food sources. Verhandlungen Internationale Vereinigung für Theoretische und Angewandte Limnologie, 27, 2090-2094.
- Hambright, K. D., & Shapiro, J. (1997). The 1993 collapse of the Kinneret bleak fishery. Fisheries Management and Ecology, 4, 101-109. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2400.1997.00053.x
- Aquaculture in Israel. aquacultureinisrael.com. Retrived from : https://aquacultureinisrael.com/en.