Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2015; 4(34): 90-99
HEMATOLOGICAL BLOOD PARAMETERS OF YOUNG-OF-THE-YEAR CARPS (CYPRINIDAE) REARED USING FISH RANCHING TECHNOLOGY IN THE SOUTHERN UKRAINE
, Kherson State Agrarian University, Kherson
Purpose. To investigate the hematological characteristics of blood young-of-the-year carps reared using fish ranching technology in the southern Ukraine and to establish certain correlations between the main fish technical features of the studied groups of the young-of-the-year fish.
Methodology. The studies were based on field and experimental methods adopted for fisheries, biochemical and statistical studies.
Findings. The paper contains the data on mean fish weight, hematological and biochemical parameters of serum of young-of-the-year carps reared using fish ranching technology. Based on a comparative analysis of the obtained data, we detected significant peculiarities and qualitative difference in the absence of foam cells and basophils, which distinguish carp from the group of herbivorous fish, established significant correlations between mean fish weight and hematologic indices of blood. Marked by fish-breeding relationships with signs like weight and some parameters of blood components in all studied fish: hemoglobin in the range from 0.7858 to 0.9943, number of erythrocytes from 0.7843 to 0.9942, lymphocytes from 0.7848 to 0.9949, сholеsterol from 0.7640 to 0.9616 and triglycerides of 0.7499 in silver carp (Hypophthalmichthys molitrix) and 0.9616 in common carp (Cyprinus carpio carpio). To show these relationships graphically, we used regression analysis and the obtained regression equations can give an accurate assessment of the quality of fish seeds through hematological blood parameters and mean weight.
Originality. The analysis of hematological parameters of blood of young-of-the-year carps: common carp (Cyprinus carpio carpio), silver carp (Hypophthalmichthys molitrix), bighead carp (Hypophthalmichthys nobilis), grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella) reared using fish ranching technology in the south of Ukraine was performed for the first time.
Practical value. The obtained data allow scientifically recommending them as a component of the indication of the quality and general state of fish seeds. The changes in certain parameters in young-of-the-year cyprinids observed in the process of their growing suggest certain changes in their physiological conditions and may be considered as a specific signal for developing appropriate preventive actions and optimizing fish rearing process.
Keywords: carp family (Cyprinidae), mean weight, hematological parameters, ponds, correlation, regressions.
- Golovina, N. A., & Trombickij, I. D. (1989). Gematologija prudovyh ryb. Kishinev : Shtiinca.
- Amineva, V. A., & Jarzhombek, A. A. (1984). Fiziologija ryb. Moskva : Legkaja i pishhevaja promyshlenost'.
- Zhiteneva, L. D., Rudnickaja O. A., & Kaljuzhnaja, T. N. (1997). Jekologo-gematologicheskie harakteristiki nekotoryh vidov ryb: spravochnik. Rostov-na-Donu : Molot.
- Zhiteneva, L. D., Poltavceva, T. G., & Rudnickaja, O. A. (1989). Atlas normal'nyh i patologicheski izmenennyh kletok krovi ryb. Rostov-na-Donu : Kn. izd-vo.
- Ivanova, N. T. (1970). Materialy k morfologii krovi ryb. Rostov-na-Donu.
- Ivanova, N. T. (1995). Sistema krovi. Rostov-na-Donu.
- Ivanova, N. T. (1999). Atlas kletok krovi ryb. Moskva : Legkaja i pishhevaja promyshlennost'.
- Minsel'hozprod Rossii. (1999). Metodicheskie ukazanija po provedeniju gematologicheskogo obsledovanija ryb. Moskva.
- Dekhtyar'ov, P. A., Sherman, I. M., Pylypenko, Yu. V., Yarzhombek, O. O., & Vovchenko, S. H. (2001). Fiziolohiya ryb: Praktykum: navch. posib. Kyiv : Vyshcha shk.
- Dekhtyar'ov, P. A., Yevtushenko, M. Yu., & Sherman, I. M. (2008). Fiziolohiya ryb: pidruchnyk. Kyiv : Ahrarna osvita.
- Plohinskij, N. A. (1961). Biometrija. Novosibirsk : Izd-vo SOAN SSSR.
- Rokickij, P. F. (1961). Osnovy variacionnoj statistiki dlja biologov. Minsk.