Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2015; 4(34): 65-77
MORE ON THE APPROVAL OF ANTONINSKO-ZOZULENETSKIY CARPS OF UKRAINIAN BREEDS
, Institute of Fisheries NAAS, Kyiv
Purpose. To perform an analysis the fish breeding, biological, productive, exterior indicators of Antoninsko-Zozulenetskiy carps of Ukrainian scaly and Ukrainian framed breeds, their genetic characteristics as well as to provide the methods of the creation of these carps as a selective achievement.
Methodology. The works were carried out in accordance with conventional techniques in fish farming and breeding. Carp breeding was conducted by the method of mass continuously improving selection of fish the aim of which is that a complex of fish breeding and management activities create conditions contributing to the development of productive qualities in the selected carp, while selection and breeding activities form and reproduce the leading pedigree group of the stock.
Findings. In the conditions of the development of fisheries industry, especially important are the problems of selection and breeding works aimed at improving the biological and economic features of fish farming objects by improving the existing and developing new breeds, inbreeding, zonal types, lines, etc., creating a progressive heterotic structure of breeds and forming highly productive pedigree stocks of fish breeding objects. The main object of commercial fish farming in Ukraine, as in many countries, is carp, so his selection is given much attention. The starting material for producing the Antoninsko-Zozulenetskiy Ukrainian scaly and Ukrainian framed breeds was carp population of Antoninskiy State fish hatchery (Khmelnytsky region), which was a cross between native carp with mirror Galician carp. The principal method of carp breeding was a massive, continuously improving selection with high intensity among younger age groups. An importance during the selection was given to the growth rate of the fish, their exterior and constitutional "strength." For the brood, individuals with the highest body weight, scaly cover of which corresponded to accepted standards, beautiful high back constitution and without any signs of defects and diseases were selected. An important role during the selection was also given the distinct manifestation of secondary sexual features in males and females. The high productive qualities of domestic carp contributed to their spread in the near abroad and far abroad countries as well. They were exported to Russia, Moldova, Romania, China, with the aim of pure breeding and improvement of native carp forms. Based on the analysis of long-term studies on the rearing of Antoninsko-Zozulenetskiy arrays of Ukrainian framed and scaly breeds, it was found that their fish breeding and biological indicators comply with the requirements of the Regulation on testing of selection achievements in animal breeding and can be submitted to the relevant authorities for consideration and approval as a type of inbreeding Ukrainian framed and scaly carp breeds.
Originality. The analysis of fish breeding and biological indicators of Antoninsko-Zozulenetskiy carp of Ukrainian framed and Ukrainian scaly breeds serve as the basis for submission them in the status of inbreed types and approval as a selection achievement.
Practical value. Growing of Antoninsko-Zozulenetskiy carps in production conditions will promote an increase in fish production in ponds and production of marketable fish.
Keywords: breed, interbreed types, carp arrays, fisheries indicators, fish selection, biological indicators, productive characteristics, genetic characteristics of carps, phenotypic characteristics, frequency of allelic variants of loci.
- Eleonskiy, A. N. (1946). Prudovoe rybovodstvo. Moskva : Pishchepromizdat.
- Katasonov, V. Ya., & Gomel'skiy, B. I. (1991). Selektsiya ryb s osnovami genetiki. Moskva : Agropromizdat.
- Katasonov, V. Ya., & Cherfas, N. B. (1986). Selektsiya i plemennoe delo v rybovodstve. Moskva : Agropromizdat.
- Kravchenko, N. A. (1973). Razvedenie sel'skokhozyaystvennykh zhivotnykh. Moskva : Kolos.
- Kuzema, A. I. (1966). Ukrainskie porody karpa. Rybovodstvo i rybolovstvo, 1, 14-16.
- Kuzema, A. I. (1953). Ukrainskie porody karpa. Trudy soveshchaniya po voprosam prudovogo rybovodstva, 65-70.
- Nahorniuk, T. A., Oleksiienko, O. O., & Tarasiuk, S. I. (2011). Henetychni ta eksterierni osoblyvosti ukrainskykh luskatykh i ramchastykh koropiv antoninsko-zozulenetskoho typu. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 4, 99-106.
- Oleksiienko, O. O. (2004). Antoninsko-zozulenetskyi typ – strukturna lanka ukrainskykh porid koropa. Tavriiskyi naukovyi visnyk, 32, 157-164.
- Oleksiienko, O. O., Bekh, V. V., Hrytsyniak, I. I., Pavlishchenko, V. M., & Osipenko, M. I. (2012). Vykorystannia bezperervno polipshuvalnoho vidboru v selektsii ukrainskykh koropiv. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 1, 78-87.
- Oleksiienko, O. O., & Hrytsyniak, I. I. (2007). Vnutrishnoporidna struktura ukrainskykh koropiv. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 1, 21-27.
- Sukhoverkhov, F. M. (1953). Prudovoe rybovodstvo. Moskva : Gossel'khozizdat.
- Tomilenko, V. H. (2001). Henetyka i selektsiia ryb v Ukraini. Henetyka i selektsiia v Ukraini na mezhi tysiacholit, 1. Kyiv : Lohos, 351-371.
- Tomilenko, V. H., Oleksiienko, O. O., & Kucherenko, A. P. (1995). Instruktsiia z orhanizatsii pleminnoi roboty v koropivnytstvi Ukrainy. Intensyvne rybnytstvo. Kyiv : Ahrarna nauka, 3-33.
- Tomilenko, V. G., Kucherenko, A. P., Alekseenko, A. A., & Bykovets, S. Kh. (1971). Ukrainskie porody karpa. Donetsk : Donetskoe upravlenie po pechati.
- Tomilenko, V. H. (2000). Selektsiia u rybnytstvi ta napriamy yii udoskonalennia. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky, 12, 110-111.
- Kuzema, A. I. (1971). The Ukrainian breeds of carp. Lectures of the Seminar study tour in the U.S.S.R. on genetic selection and hybridization of cultivated Fishes. FAO, NTA 2926. Food and agriculture organization of the United Nations, 229-232.