Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2015; 1(31): 5-15
CURRENT STATE AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE FISHERIES SECTOR OF UKRAINE IN THE CRISIS
, Institute of Fisheries NAAS, Kyiv
Purpose. Fisheries has a strategic importance for supplying the population with food, while the sectors of the national economy with raw materials, for strengthening the country’s position in the international arena, for preserving spatial and national integrity of Ukraine, plays an important role in the restoration of natural resources and in the increase in employment. In recent years, fisheries sector of Ukraine is in a severe, protracted economic crisis. Considering its socio-economic and strategic importance for the state, there is a task for developing an effective policy for fisheries development in Ukraine that defines the relevance of the research and practical importance of its results. Thus, a compilation and analysis of the existing information on the current state and development of fisheries sector in the crisis period will allow a deeper understanding of problems in the fisheries sector in Ukraine and finding quick solutions. The main goal of the state policy in the field of fisheries in Ukraine has to be meeting the needs of the population in fish and fish products by creating conditions for effective operations and development of aquaculture and fishing enterprises.
Findings. The article reviews the current state of the development of fisheries sector in Ukraine, consumption, catch, processing of fish and seafood, dynamics of fish product exports and imports, legislative and regulatory framework of fisheries sector, state of the implementation of WTO and EU requirements, as well as finding ways for the fisheries sector out from the crisis.
Originality. This work is a compilation of the information on the current state of fisheries sector development in Ukraine. The information is provided in the form of a coherent presentation of information on the current state of fisheries sector in Ukraine, both in the domestic and foreign markets.
Practical Value. The fact that the fisheries sector of Ukraine is still in a depressive state calls for further search of effective ways for creating and implementing the public policies for its development. This review of data and statistical information can be used in the planning and implementation of reforms to address such complex issues as finding ways for the fisheries sector of Ukraine out from the crisis and ensuring its further development in the coming years.
Keywords: fisheries sector of Ukraine, import, export, crisis, WTO, EU.
1. Hrytsyniak, I. I., Hrynzhevsjkii, M. V., Tretiak, O. M., Kiva, M. S., & Mruk, A. I. (2008). Fermersjke rybnyztvo.Kyiv: Gerb.
2. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. www.fao.org. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org.
3. Sostoianie mirovogo rybolovstva i akvakultury. (2014). Rym : FAO.
4. Sait DerzhrubagentstvaUkrajiny. www.dkrg.gov.ua.Retrieved from http://www.dkrg.gov.ua.
5. Ukraine Fishery products.webgate.ec.europa.eu.Retrieved from https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/sanco/traces/output/UA/FFP_UA_en.pdf.
6. Export/Import. Pidsumky 2013 roku / Andriy Mustafa, dyrektor DP «DERZHZOVNISHINFORM».pricereview.com.ua. Retrieved from http://pricereview.com.ua/window/ReviewView.html?idReview=40.
7. SaitDerzhavnojisluzhbystatystykyUkrajiny. ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://ukrstat.gov.ua.
8. Zakon Ukrainy Pro rybne gospodarstvo, promyslove rybalstvo ta ohoronu vodnyh bioresursiv: pryiniatyi 8 lyp. 2011 roku № 3677-VI. (2011, July 8). Holos Ukrainy, 142.
9. Zakon Ukrainy Pro akvakulturu: pryiniatyi 18 veres. 2012 roku № 5293-VI. (2012, October 17). Holos Ukrainy, 195.
10. Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy Prozatverdzhennia Derzhavnoji ziljovoji ekonomichnoji programy rozvytku rybnogo gospodarstva na 2012-2016 roku: pryiniata 23 lys. 2011 roku № 1245. (2011, December 12). Ofizijinuji visnyk Ukrainy, 95, 70.
11. Vdovenko, N. M. (2010). Suchasnyji stan ta naprjamky rozvytku rybnogo gospodarstva v Ukrajini. Ekonomika APK, 3, 15-21.