Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2013; 3(25): 79-88
ANALYSIS OF FISH AND FISH PRODUCTION IN UKRAINE ON TEMPORARY STAGE OF FORMATION OF MARKET RELATIONS
, Іnstitute of Fisheries NAAS, Kуiv
Purpose. To analyze production of fish and fish products in Ukraine and to determine aspects pg successful functioning of fish products at internal market of Ukraine.
Methods. Analysis of fish and fish products in Ukraine was conducted using methods generally accepted in economy. Variants of forecasted demand-proposition balances were calculated oriented at forecasted data of the “State purpose-oriented economical program of fish industry development for 2012-2016”. For composing forecasted demand-proposition balances for fish products, we used a methodological approach based on the “Method for composing demand and proposition balances of agricultural products and food supplies” according to generally accepted international scheme.
Findings. The studies demonstrated that the tendency of fish harvest amounts reduction in Ukraine continued. E.g., according to the State Statistics Service, during the period of 2008-2012, fish catches dropped from 224.2 thousand tons to 203.9 thousand tons or by 9.1%, and by 3.4% compared to the previous year 2011 that is 96.6% of the catch of 2011. The analysis demonstrated that production of fish products in Ukraine in 2012 was 148.18 thousand tons. During last five years, amounts of their production dropped by 25.3%.It was estimated that supply of domestic food fish products for population of Ukraine during last 5 years was on average about 4 kg per capita. The deficiency of domestic production was covered by import. It was found that per capita consumption of fish and fish products in Ukraine for 5 last years dropped from 17.5 kg in 2008 to 13.6 kg in 2012 that first of all was due to decrease of fish and fish products import to Ukraine from 581.6 thousand tons in 2008 to 439.8 thousand tons in 2012. Despite decrease of amounts of fish and fish products imported to Ukraine, its part in internal consumption fund of these products remains high enough and is at the level of 71.0% with a 30% threshold criterion of food independence indicator.The studies demonstrated that decrease of average per capita consumption resulted in reduction of internal market capacity. E.g., during last 5 years, the internal market capacity dropped from 810.8 thousand tons in 2008 to 620.1 thousand tons in 2012 or by 23.6%.It was found that a necessary condition for successful functioning of fish product market was formation of an optimum demand-proposition balance and its forecasting for future periods. We presented three variants of forecasted demand-proposition balances for 2016. In our opinion, the closest approximation to the true state will be the third variant, estimations of which indicate on possible increase of fish product consumption up to 17 kg per capita. The part of import in the consumption fund will be 61.4%.
Key words: production of fish products, per capita consumption, internal market capacity, forecasted demand-proposition balances.
1. Hrynzhevskyi, M. V., Yaninovych, Y. Ye., & Shvets, T. M. (2007). Efektyvnist intensyfikatsii stavovoho rybnytstva v suchasnykh umovakh. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 2, 34-40.
2. Hrytsyniak, I. I. (2010). Naukove zabezpechennia rozvytku akvakultury ta pidvyshchennia efektyvnosti vykorystannia vodnykh bioresursiv vnutrishnikh vodoim Ukrainy. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 1, 4-13.
3. Zahorodniuk, O. V. (2011). Perspektyvy rozvytku vitchyznianoho rynku ryby. Visnyk Poltavskoi derzhavnoi ahrarnoi akademii, 1, 135-138.
4. Kindzerskyi, Yu. (2006). Problemy natsionalnoi konkurentospromozhnosti ta priorytety konkurentnoi polityky v Ukraini. Ekonomika Ukrainy, 8, 19-29.
5. Smyrniuk, N. I., Buriak, I. V., & Martseniuk, N. O. (2007). Zabezpechenist naselennia Ukrainy ryboiu ta rybnoiu produktsiieiu na suchasnomu etapi stanovlennia rynkovykh vidnosyn. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 1, 76-83.
6. Smyrniuk, N. I., Buriak, I. V., Tovstenko, L. V. & Chernik, V. V. (2009). Suchasnyi stan vyrobnytstva rybnoi produktsii v Ukraini. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 4, 109-116.
7. Smyrniuk, N. I., Buriak, I. V., Chernik, V. V. & Tovstenko, L. V. (2009). Import rybnoi produktsii ta yoho vplyv na rozvytok vnutrishnoho rynku Ukrainy. Rybne hospodarstvo, 66, 175-180.
8. Stasyshen, M. S. (1998). Ekonomichni problemy rozvytku rybnoho hospodarstva Ukrainy. NAN Ukrainy.
9. Metodyka ekonomichnoho analizu v rybnytstvi. (2004). Kyiv.
10. Zakon Ukrainy Pro rybne hospodarstvo, promyslove rybalstvo ta okhoronu vodnykh bioresursiv. (2012). Elektronnyi resurs. Rezhym dostupu do saitu: http://zakon0.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/3677-17.
11. Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy (2011, lystopad, 23, 1245). Pro zatverdzhennia Derzhavnoi tsilovoi ekonomichnoi prohramy rozvytku rybnoho hospodarstva na 2012-2016 roky. Elektronnyi resurs. Rezhym dostupu do saitu: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1245-2011.n.
12. Rozvytok ahrarnoho vyrobnytstva yak peredumova zabezpechennia prodovolchoi bezpeky Ukrainy. (2011). K.: NISD.