Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2020; 4(54): 47-58
Current state of secondary commercial species populations in the Kremenchutskе reservoir
, Institute of Fisheries NAAS
Purpose. To determine and analyze the structural and quantitative parameters of secondary commercial species of the Kremenchug reservoir.
Methodology. The data of commercial catches of the Kremenchug reservoir for 2009–2019 were used as primary materials. The methods generally accepted for ichthyological studies were used for the sampling and further analysis
Findings. Commercial catches of native fish species belonging to the category of "secondary large species" (catfish, pike, asp, chub) in the Kremenchug reservoir in recent years show a tendency for an increase: in 2010-2014 their landing was at 78 tons, in 2015 - 104 tons, in 2016 - 107 tons, in 2017 - 134.9 tons. This increase was mainly (by 65%) ensured catfish, to a lesser extent (by 30%) by pike. In 2018, there was a significant decrease in landings in this category to 116.1 tons, in 2019 - again an increase to 140.7 tons.
A similar trend was observed for the category of secondary small-sized species (perch, knife, rudd, tench): in 2010-2014 the catch did not exceed 66 tons, in 2015 - 104 tons, in 2016 - 107 tons, in 2017 - 97 tons. In recent years, the maximum catches of commercial native fish species belonging to this category were observed, e.g., 179.6 tons in 2018, 175.3 tons in 2019.
Due to a low abundance of these species, both commercial and survey catches have a certain instability, while there is a lack of clear trends in the dynamics of structural and functional parameters of catches. The main factor that limits the statistics of this category is the organization of fishing and accounting of landed fish.
Originality. For the first time, data on commercial catches of native fish species belonging to the category of "secondary large species" and "secondary small species" in the Kremenchug reservoir in recent years have been obtained and analyzed.
Practical significance. The obtained results will be used for preparation of the fishing regime in the Kremenchug reservoir. Improving the level of organization of fishing and accounting of landed fish.
Keywords: reservoir, secondary large species, secondary small species, commercial catch.
- Khrystenko, D. S. (2008). Promyslovo-biolohichna kharakterystyka liashcha (Abramis brama Linneus, 1758) Kremenchutskoho vodoskhovyshcha. Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv.
- Rudyk-Leuska, N. Ia. (2013). Strukturni pokaznyky populiatsii osnovnykh promyslovykh vydiv ryb Kremenchutskoho vodoskhovyshcha. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 2, 25-31. https://doi.org/10.15407/fsu2013.02.025
- Kotovska, H. O. (2007). Suktsesii v uhrupovanniakh tsoholitok ryb Kremenchutskoho vodoskhovyshcha riznykh bioekolohichnykh hrup i promyslovykh katehorii. Visnyk Dniprovskoho universytetu. Biolohiia. Ekolohiia, 01, 70-77.
- Buzevych, I. Iu. (2007). Naukovi aspekty rybopromyslovoi ekspluatatsii vodoskhovyshch dniprovskoho kaskadu. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 2, 64-71.
- Buzevych, I. Yu. (2012). Stan ta perspektyvy rybohospodarskoho vykorystannia promyslovoi ikhtiofauny velykykh rivnynnykh vodoskhovyshch Ukrainy. Doctor’s thesis. Kyiv.
- Rezhym promyslovoho rybalstva u rybohospodarskykh vodnykh obiektakh na 2020 r., zatverdzhenyi Nakazom Ministerstva enerhetyky ta zakhystu dovkillia vid 26.05.2020 r. № 340. zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0490-20#Text.
- Metodyka zboru i obrobky ikhtiolohichnykh i hidrobiolohichnykh materialiv z metoiu vyznachennia limitiv promyslovoho vyluchennia ryb z velykykh vodoskhovyshch i lymaniv Ukrainy : zatv. nakazom Derzhkomrybhospu Ukrainy № 166 vid 15.12.98. (1998). Kyiv.
- Brjuzgin, V. L. (1969) Metody izuchenija rosta ryb po cheshue, kostjam i otolitam. Kiev: Naukova dumka.
- Chugunova, N. I. (1954). Rukovodstvo po izucheniju vozrasta rosta ryb. Moskva: AN SRSR.
- Pravdin, I. F. (1966). Rukovodstvo po izucheniju ryb (preimushhestvenno presnovodnyh). 4th edn. Moskva: Pishhevaja promyshlennost'.