Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2017; 4(42): 121-127
State of the immune protection system of brood carp (Cyprinus carpio Linnaeus, 1758) based on vitamin E and selenium levels in their diet
Purpose: To assess the state of the immune system of brood carp, which were fed with a combined feed containing a liposomal preparation with vitamin E and organic compound of selenium microelement during pre-spawning period.
Methodology: The study has been performed in three experimental ponds, in which carp females and males were placed after wintering. The first experimental group was fed with a diet supplemented with vitamin E at a concentration of 50 mg/mg of the feed and selenium – 0.3 mg/kg. The second experimental group received the supplement of vitamin E at a concentration of 100 mg.kg and selenium – 0.3 mg/kg. The control group received the mentioned combined feed without addition of the vitamin-mineral supplement. After termination of 30-day pre-spawning feeding with the combined feed supplemented with vitamin E and selenium, blood samples for biochemical tests were collected from fish of the control and both experimental groups.
Findings. It was found that pre-spawning feeding of carp females and males with combined feeds supplemented with the above mentioned vitamin-mineral additive had a positive effect on the contents of T-, B-lymphocytes and their subpopulations in fish blood.
Originality. The effect of the liposomal preparation with vitamin E and microelement Se fed to brood carp during the pre-spawning period on the contents of T-, B-lymphocytes and their subpopulations in fish peripheral blood was studied for the first time.
Practical value. The results of the study can be used in fish breeding centers and full-system fish farms for balanced feeding of brood fish.
Keywords: brood carp, pre-spawning period, liposomal preparation, vitamin E, microelement selenium, T -, B - lymphocytes.
- Mikrjakov, V. R. (1991) Zakonomernosti formirovanija priobretennogo immuniteta u ryb. Rybinsk.
- Luk'janenko, V. I. (1989) Immunobiologija ryb: vrozhdennyj immunitet. Moskva. Agropromizdat.
- Van Muiswinkel, W. B. (2008). A history of fish immunology and vaccination I. The early days. Fish Shellfish Immunol, 4, 397–408. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsi.2008.02.019
- Luk'janenko, V. I. (1970). Immunobiologija ryb. Moskva : Agropromizdat.
- Hrytsyniak I. I., & Tretiak O.M. (2007) Priorytetni napriamy naukovoho zabezpechennia rybnoho hospodarstva Ukrainy. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy №1, 5–20.
- Katasonov, V. Ja., & Cherfas, N.B. (1986). Selekcija ryb i plemennoe delo v rybovodstve. Moskva: Agropromizdat.
- Vihman, A. A. (1994). Immunofiziologicheskij status ryb-obektov akvakul'tury. Extchded abstraet of doctors Hesis.
- Sherman I. M., Hrynzhevskyi, M. V., Zheltov, Yu. O., Pylypenko, Yu. V., & Volichenko, M. I., & Hrytsyniak I. I. (2001). Hodivlia ryb. Kyiv : Vyshcha osvita.
- Kurtiak, B. M., & Yanovych, V. H. (2004). Zhyrorozchynni vitaminy u veterynarnii medytsyni i tvarynnytstvi. Lviv: Triada plius.
- Movchan, V. (1934). Osnovy hodivli stavovykh ryb. Kyiv. Vydavnytstvo Narkompostachannia USRR.