Description age-3 brood rainbow trout bred in the conditions of the industral fish farm "Sloboda Banyliv"
, Institute of Fisheries NAAS, Kyiv
Purpose. To analyze the results of cultivation and give fish-breeding and biological characteristics of age-3 brood rainbow trout grown using industrial technology in the conditions of the trout farm "Sloboda Banyliv."
Methodology. Fish cultivation was carried in tank conditions of the trout farm "Sloboda Banyliv". The material for the study were age-3 brood rainbow trout obtained from eggs of the fall-spawning form of rainbow trout. Cultivation was carried out in a 216 m2 tank, stocking density of 255 fish/m2, using standard trout culture methods. Statistical analysis of the material was performed in Microsoft Office Excel (2003). Analysis of the variables was performed in the system of absolute values. The analysis criteria were their mean values mean deviations (M±m), standard error (σ), variability coefficient (Cv). Fish were fed with specialized feed manufactured by “BioMar” (Denmark) with a high protein content (more than 40%).
Findings. Based on the performed selective-breeding works aimed at creating brood stocks of rainbow trout, it was found that brood fish reared in the industrial conditions of the fish farm “Sloboda Banyliv”, despite instable culture conditions, were characterized by a moderate growth rate and had high values of productive and reproductive features. Mean weight of age-3 rainbow trout females was 1282.5 g, fecundity — 3.48 thousand eggs. Mean weight of produced eggs was 239.17 g, while individual parameters were 70.4 mg for the weight and 4.58 mm for the diameter.
Originality. For the first time a study aimed at the formation of brood stocks of rainbow trout with analysis of phenotypic and productive features in the conditions of a fish farm with instable temperature and water regimes has been conducted.
Practical value. The results of the performed work will allow selecting and forming a brood stock with high values of productive and reproductive features.
Keywords: rainbow trout, body weight, body length, productive, reproductive parameters.
- Protasov A. A. (1949). Ruch'evaya i raduzhnaya forel' v prikarpatskikh rayonakh USSR. Trudy nauchno-issledovatel'skogo instituta ozerno-rechnogo rybnogo khozyaystva, 6, 111-123.
- Altukhov, K. O., Galasun, P. T., Demchenko, I. F., & Ivasyk, V. M. (1967). Rozvedennia foreli na Ukraini. Kyiv: Urozhay.
- Galasun, P. T. (1968). Sostoyanie i perspektivy forelevogo khazyaystva na Ukraine. Rybnoe khazyaystvo, 6, 14-28.
- Schäperclaus, W. (1949). Untersuchungen über die Formen der deutschen & Regenbogenforelle and ihre Leistungen bei der aufzucht durch Künstliche Fütterung. Anhandlungen aus der Fisch, I.
- Schäperclaus, W. (1961). Lehrbuch der Teichwirtschaft. Berlin und Hamburg: Verlag P. Parey.
- Bozhyk, V. Y., Bachuk, Ye. O. (2014). Suchasnyi stan i perspektyvy rozvytku forelivnytstva v zakhidnomu rehioni Ukrainy. Naukovyi visnyk im. S. Z. Hzhytskoho, 16, 3 (60), 3, 26-31.
- Afshin, A., & Fahimeh, B. (2013). Production and Supply of Rainbow Trout in Iran and the World. World Journal of Fish and Marine Sciences, 5(3), 335-341.
- Hrytsyniak, І. І., Hrynzhevskyi, M. V., & Tretiak, O. M. et al. (2008). Fermers'ke ribnitstvo. Kyiv.
- Rekomendatsii z rozvedennia ta vyroshchuvannia vysokoproduktyvnykh pleminnykh stad raiduzhnoi foreli. (2011). Zatverdzheno protokolom № 1 vid 24.24.2011 Problemno-metodychnoi rady IRH NAAN. Kyiv.
- Limanskiy, V. V., Yarzhombek, A. A., Bekina, E. N., & Andronikov S. B. (1984). Instruktsiya po fiziologo-biokhimicheskim analizam ryby. Moskva: VNIIPRKh.
- Plokhinskiy, N. A. (1981). Biometriya. Moskva: Moskovskiy universitet.
- Nikol'skiy, G. V. (1950). Chastnaya ikhtiologiya. Moskva: Sovetskaya nauka.
- Mruk, A. I., & Oleksyk, V. I. (2008). Selektsiino-pleminna robota z raiduzhnoiu forelliu v hospodarstvi Shypot. Naukovyi visnyk Lvivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu veterynarnoi medytsyny ta biotekhnolohii im. S. Z. Hzhytskoho, 9, 3 (34), 3, 92-95.
- Mruk, A. I. (2008). Rybnytsko-biolohichna kharakterystyka raiduzhnoi foreli tryrichnoho selektsiinoho pokolinnia F2, vyroshchuvanoi u VAT «Zakarpatskyi rybokombinat». Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 2, 56-60.