Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2016; 2(36): 38-47
BIOCHEMICAL AND MORPHOMETRIC PARAMETERS OF PRE-LARVAE OF THREE SALMONIDS SPECIES AT ONE-DAY AGE
Purpose. To study and analyze the morphometric and some biochemical parameters of pre-larval brown trout, rainbow trout and brook trout in post-embryonic period under the conditions of "Rybnyi Potik” farm in the Transcarpathian region for further use of the obtained data in scientific and practical works related to the cultivation of the juveniles of valuable salmonid species.
Methodology. One-day free embryos (pre-larvae) of brown trout, rainbow trout and brook trout we used as study materials. Morphometric parameters we studied by the methods of N. O. Lange, E. N. Dmitrieva. The content of total lipids was determined in accordance with Folch. in the tissuesm, which were taken for biochemical studies. Separate classes of lipids were received by thin layer chromatography.
Findings. We carried out a comparative analysis of morphometric measurements and biochemical parameters of one-day pre-larval brown trout, rainbow trout and brook trout based on the obtained data. We investigated morphometric and biochemical specific features of pre-larvae in post-embryonic period and showed the species differences of morphometric measurements. Significant differences were observed between the content of lipids in the body and yolk sac of free embryos. In particular, a higher content of phospholipids and triglycerides was observed in the body of brook trout compared to brown trout. We also recorded higher contents of mono- and diacylglycerols, free cholesterol, non-etherified fatty acids (NEFA), triacylglycerols and cholesterol esters in the yolk sac of brook trout. Compared to brown trout, rainbow trout had a significant increase in mono- and diacylglycerols, free cholesterol and NEFA in both body and yolk sac as well higher levels of total lipids, triacylglycerols and cholesterol esters were registered in yolk sac.
Originality. For the first time we carried out and compared the specific features of pre-larval brown trout, rainbow trout and brook trout in the post-embryonic period.
Practical value. The results will be used for further comparative studies and monitoring as well as for establishing the rates of linear growth and weight, lipid metabolism of fish species and for providing practical recommendations for increasing the efficiency of salmonid juveniles.
Keywords: brown trout, rainbow trout, brook trout, pre-larvae, morphometric parameters, biochemical parameters, total lipids, lipid classes.
- Jegorov, B. V., & Figurs'ka, L. V. (2011). Stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku forelivnyctva u rybovodnyh gospodarstvah Ukrai'ny. Zernovi produkty i kombikormy, 2, 37-39.
- Borejko, V. I., & Pavljuk, N. P. (2012). Rol' rybnyctva v zabezpechenni prodovol'choi' bezpeky krai'ny. Visnyk Nacional'nogo universytetu vodnogo gospodarstva ta pryrodokorystuvannja, 2(58), 13-19.
- Kizak, V., Guner, Y., & Turel, M., et al. (2011). Comparison of the survival and growth performance in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) and brown trout (Salmo trutta fario) fry. African J. of Agricultural Research Vol., 6(25), 5672-5674.
- Mruk, A. I., Terterjan, L. L., Hudyj, O. I., & Terterjan, L. A. (2012). Dynamika rostu strumkovoi' foreli v industrial'nyh umovah gospodarstva «IShHAN» do statevo zrilosti. Suchasni problemy teoretychnoi ta prakt. ikhtiolohii :mater. V Mizhn. ihtiol. nauk.-prak. konferencii', 172-176.
- Turjatyn, I. I. (1982). Ryby Karpats'kyh vodojm. Uzhgorod : Karpaty.
- Koese, S., Erkebany, C., Kurtoglu, I. Z., Bascinar, N., & Degirmenci, A. (2001). Comparison of chemical contents and consumer acceptance of albino rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss Walbaum, 1782) with brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis Mitchill, 1814) and normal pigmented rainbow trout. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 18, 81-86.
- Fischer, G. J., Held, J., Hartleb, C., & Malison, J. (2009). Evaluation of brook trout production in a coldwater recycle aquaculture system. Aquacult. Eng., 41, 109-113. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaeng.2009.06.012
- Bascinar, N., Kocabas, M., Sahin, S., & Okumus, İ. (2010). Comparison of hatching performances and yolk sac absorptions of Black Sea trout (Salmo trutta labrax Pallas, 1811), brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis Mitchill, 1814) and their hybrid. Kafkas Univ. Vet. Fak. Derg., 16, 205-209.
- Okumuş, Í., & Başçinar, N. (2002). A comparative study on water column and bottom feeding habit of tank reared brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis). Turk. J. Mar. Sci.,8, 17-26.
- Rasmussen, R. S., & Ostenfeld, T. H. (2000). Effect of growth rate on quality traits and feed utilisation of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) and brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis). Aquaculture, 184, 327-337. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0044-8486(99)00324-5
- Karabulut, H. A., Yandi, I., & Aras, N. M. (2010). Effects of different feed and temperature conditions on growth, meat yield, survival rate, feed conversion ratio and condition factor in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) fingerlings. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances, 9(22), 2818-2823. http://dx.doi.org/10.3923/javaa.2010.2818.2823
- Lange, N. O., & Dmitrieva, E. N. (1981). Metodika ekologo-morfologicheskikh issledovaniy razvitiya molodi ryb. Issledovaniya razmnozheniya i razvitiya ryb, 67-88.
- Folch, J., Lees, M., & Stone Stanley, G. H. (1957). A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissue. J Biol Chem., 226, 497-509.
- Vlizlo, V. V., Fedoruk, R. S., & Ratych, I. B. et al. (2012). Laboratorni metody doslidzhen' u biologii', tvarynnyctvi ta veterynarnij medycyni: dovidnyk. L'viv : SPOLOM.
- Plohinskij, N. A. (1969). Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlja zootehnikov. Moskva : Kolos.
- Tocher, D. R. (2003). Metabolism andfunctionsof lipids and fatty acidsinteleost fish. Rev. Fish. Sci., 11, 107-184. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/713610925