Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2018; 3(45): 89-102
The effect of amaranth Amaranthus (Linnaeus) on qualitative and productive characteristics of 1+ carp Cyprinus carpio (Linnaeus) after being added to the composition of the diet
, Institute of Fisheries NAAS, Kiyv
Purpose. Determination of the effectiveness of amaranth assimilation in the body of 1+ carp, the study of the effect of this non-traditional feed component on some physiological and biochemical indices of experimental fish and the economic component of their rearing.
Methodology. Fish-rearing and hydrochemical studies were carried out according to generally accepted aquaculture methods. The hemoglobin content in carp blood was determined by the hemoglobin-cyanide method. The number of erythrocytes in carp blood was counted in a Goryaev’s chamber. Protein content determination was carried out according to the Bradford’s method. The concentration of diene conjugates was studied by a method based on the reaction of the optical density of the heptane-isopropanol extract of lipids. The concentration of TBA-active products was determined spectrophotometrically by a color reaction with thiobarbituric acid. The activity of superoxide dismutase (SOD) was determined by the percentage inhibition of the reduction of nitrous tetrazolium in the presence of phenazin methosulfate. The catalase activity was determined based on a change in H2O2 concentration.
Findings. The study was carried out under the conditions of the State Enterprise Lviv Experimental Station of the Institute of Fisheries of the National Academy of Sciences. The subject of the study were 1+ Lubin scaly carp. Carp of the first experimental group received amaranth seed flour added to the main diet as 10% at the end of the culture season for 30 days, while another experimental group received 20%. The control group of carp was fed with grain mixtures during the entire growing period. The conditions of fish keeping were identical according to the experiment goal.
The temperature regime and main hydrochemical parameters in the experimental ponds were within the limits of the normative values throughout the entire growing season.
When feeding 1+ carp with amaranth, a positive effect was obtained for hematological parameters, nutritional properties of meat, activity of antioxidant protection system, and reduction in lipid peroxidation products, namely: an increase in the number of erythrocytes and hemoglobin content (p˂0.05-0.001), a tendency to an increase in protein and fat contents in muscles, increased activity of superoxide dismutase, a decrease in the number of TBA products and diene conjugates in blood serum.
Originality. Peculiarities of growth, development of carp and efficiency of using feeds of various compositions with the addition of amaranth seeds against the background of similar satisfactory growing conditions were studied for the first time. At the same time, the effect of amaranth on physiological and biochemical parameters of the body of experimental fish was investigated.
Practical value. Based on the analysis of changes in the physiological and biochemical functions of fish organism and economic efficiency as a result of feeding fish with amaranth, quantitative norms and methods for adding it to the diet of carp were developed.
Key words: 1+ carp, amaranth, fish productivity, feed costs, physiological and biochemical parameters of the organism, chemical composition of water.
1. Krepova, L. V., Bortnikova, V. V., & Shkarenkov, A. A. (2004). Doklinicheskoe izuchenie bezopasnosti fitopreparatov, obladajushhih gepatoprotektornymi svojstvami. Aktual'nye problemy sozdanija novyh lekarstvennyh preparatov prirodnogo proishozhdenija: 8 Mezhdunar. sjezd. Sankt-Peterburg, 111-114.
2. Zheleznov, O. (2009). Amarant — kultura XXI stolіttja. Hіmіja. Agronomіja. Servіs, 5-6, 37-42.
3. Karasova, N. V. (2009). Perspektyvy vykorystannia amarantu. Khranenye y pererabotka zerna, 1, 31-33.
4. Karunskyi, O. Y. (2008). Khimichnyi ta aminokyslotnyi sklad amarantu. Visnyk derzhavnoho ahroekolohichnoho universytetu, 2 (23), 190-192.
5. Loboda, A. V. (2009). Razrabotka tehnologii i receptury biologicheski aktivnoj dobavki «Ckvalen-lecitin» na osnove semjan amaranta. Extended abstracts of doctor’s thesis. Krasnodar.
6. Kotov, N. T., Miroshnychenko, L. A., & Shatalov, Ye. P. (2012). Kormova kultura – amarant. Suchasni ahrarni tekhnolohii, 10, 14-21.
7. Alekin, O. A. (1970). Osnovy gidrohimii. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat.
8. Voda rybohospodarskykh pidpryiemstv. Zahalni vymohy ta normy (2006). SOU 05.01–37–385:2006. Standart Minahropolityky Ukrapiny. Kyiv: Ministerstvo ahrarnoi polityky Ukrainy.
9. Zheltov, Yu. A. (2006). Organizatsiya kormleniya raznovozrastnogo karpa v fermerskikh rybnykh khazyaystvakh . Kiev: INKOS.
10. Stal'naja, I. D. (1977). Metod opredelenija dienovoj kon'jugacii nenasyshhenyh vysshih zhirnih kislot. Sovremennye metody v biohimii, 63-64.
11. Korobejnikova, E. N. (1989). Modifikacija opredelenija produktov perekisnogo okislenija lipidov v reakcii s tiobarbiturovoj kislotoj. Laboratornoe delo, 7, 8-9.
12. Dubinina, E. E., Sal'nikova, L. A., & Efimova, L. F. (1983). Aktivnost' i izofermentnyj spektr superoksiddismutazy jeritrocitov i plazmy krovi cheloveka. Laboratornoe delo, 10, 30-33.
13. Koroljuk, M. A., Ivanova, L. I., & Majorova, I. G. (1988). Metod opredelenija aktivnosti katalazy. Laboratornoe delo, 1, 16-19.
14. Bradford, M. M. (1976). A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal. Biochem, 72, 248-254. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(76)90527-3
15. Limanskiy, V. V., Yambrozhek, A. A., & Bekina, E. N. (1984). Instruktsiya po fiziologo-biokhimicheskim analizam ryb. Moskva.
16. Lebedev, P. T., & Usovich, A. T. (1976). Metody issledovaniya kormov, organov i tkaney zhivotnykh. Moskva: Rosselkhozizdat.
17. Derviz, G. V., & Vorob'ev, A. I. (1969). Kolichestvennoe opredelenie gemoglobina krovi posredstvom apparata FJeK. Laboratornoe delo, 4, 2-8.
18. Ivanova, N. T. (1974). Metodika nekotoryh gematologicheskih pokazatelej u ryb. Tipovye metodiki issledovanij produkivnosti vidov ryb v predelah ih arealov: sb. nauchn. tr. Vilnius, 83-90.
19. Plohinskij, H. A. (1969). Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlja zootehnikov. Moskva: Kolos.