Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2017; 3(41): 76-82
ANALYSIS OF GENETIC DIVERSITY OF GALICIAN CARP POPULATION ON THE BASE OF FISH FARM "VELYKYY LYUBIN´” WITH USING MICROSATELLITE MARKERS
, Institute of Fisheries of the NAAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
Purpose. To investigate the genetic structure of the Galician carp population using microsatellite DNA markers.
Methodology. Blood samples taken from the caudal vein of the specimens of the Galician carp farm "Velykyy Lyubin", Lviv region. (N = 15 persons). When landing, they were labeled with electronic chips of the brand Aqua Pump and A-CHIP. The total DNA was isolated using the standard method, using the Gene JET Whole Blood Genomik DNA Purification Mini Kit (USA). The concentration and quality of DNA were determined on an Eppendorf Bio Photometr biophotometer.
To study the genetic structure of the Galician carp population, four microsatellite markers were used: MFW 06, MFW 15, MFW 23, MFW 31.
Findings. Blood samples taken from the tail vein of fish (n = 15 oz.) Were used as research material. In the course of work, optimal conditions for SSR-PCR analysis have been selected. The conducted studies allowed to determine the factors that have the greatest impact on the amplification efficiency, namely: the concentration of the DNA preparation, the concentration of the primer in the reaction mixture and the number of amplification cycles. In the study group, for all 4 microsatellite loci, only 18 alleles with a molecular weight of 130-343 ng were detected. The number of alleles per locus varied from 3 to 6. The most polymorphous was the locus MFW 23 (6 alleles were detected), and the least polymorphic was the locus MFW 31 (3 alleles were detected). The effective number of alleles in the sample of genotypes studied varied from 2.14 (MFW 31) to 5.23 (MFW 23). According to calculations of allelic frequencies, the main indicators of genetic variability are determined. The maximum level of available heterozygosity is fixed for the MFW 23 locus, the lowest for the MFW locus 31.
Originality. For the first time in 65 years the genetic structure of the Galician carp population has been investigated.
Practical value. The results will be used in further studies of the arboreal of Galician carp.
Keywords. halytsky carp, microsatellite loci, population, DNA.
- Katasonov, V. Ya., & Gomel'skiy B. I. (1991). Selektsiya ryb s osnovami genetiki. Moskva : Agropromizdat.
- Kuzema, A. I. (1936). Razvedenie i selektsiya karpa : nauchnyy otchet NII rybnogo khozyaystva Ukrainy. Kiev.
- Kuzema A. I. (1948). Sozdanie iskhodnykh selektsionnykh stad karpa v rybkhozakh Kievskogo i Vinnitskogo rybtrestov, ikh kharakteristika i otsenka : nauchnyy otchet NII prudovogo i ozernogo rybnogo khozyaystva MRP USSR. Kiev.
- Tarasyuk, S. I., & Hrytsyniak, I. I. (2013). Molekuliarno-henetychni doslidzhennia v rybnytstvi. Kyiv : Agrarna nauka.
- Dubin, O. V. (2012). Mikrosatelitni markery u doslidzhenni henetychnoho polimorfizmu rosiiskoho osetra. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky Prychornomoria, 4, 2, 1, 70-73.
- Gheyas, A. A., Cairney, M., Gilmour, A. E., Sattar, M. A., Das, T. K., Mcandrew, B. J., Penman, D. J., & Taggart, J. B. (2006). Characterization of microsatelllite loci in silver carp (Hypophthalmichthys molitrix) and cross-amplification in other cyprinid species. Molecular Ecology Notes, 3, 455-461.
- Rovba, E. A., Koneva, O. Yu., & Dromashko, S. E. (2012). Otsenka geneticheskogo raznoobraziya porod karpa belorusskoy selektsii s pomoshch'yu mikrosatellitnykh markerov. Aktual'nye problemy vyrashchivaniya i pererabotki prudovoy ryby: Mezhdunar. nauch.-tekhn. internet-konf.: mater. Krasnodar: Kubanskiy gosudarstvennyy tekhnologicheskiy universitet, 22-23.
- Crooijmans, R. P. M. A., Poel, J. J. V. D., Groenen, M. A. M., Bierbooms, V. A. F., & Komen, J. (1997). Microsatellite markers in common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.). Animal Genetics, 28, 129-134. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.1997.00097.x