Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2017; 1(39): 64-72
Productive characteristics of age-3 brood brown trout (Salmo trutta) reared in the conditions industrial aquaculture
, Institute of Fisheries NAAS, Kyiv
Purpose. Study and analysis of productive and reproductive parameters of brood brown trout reared in the conditions of industrial aquaculture with the use of feeding with specialized artificial feeds.
Methodology. Fish rearing was performed using a technology traditional for rainbow trout. Biological evaluation of fish was performed on live material according to the scheme developed by I.F. Pravdin (1966) for salmonids. Fish were anesthetized with “Propiscin”. Metric parameters were measured with the aid of a ruler and caliper. Fish weight was determined on electronic balances. Eggs were preserved in a 4% formalin solution, weight of individual eggs was determined with the aid of torsion balances, egg diameter with a caliper. The duration of spermatozoid motility in males was determined under a microscope under 10X40 magnification with the aid of a stopwatch, sperm concentration was determined in a Goriaev chamber. Multiple regression analysis was performed in JMP IN 4 (SAS Institute). The factor was considered significant if р <0.05.
Findings. Brood brown trout reared on specialized artificial feeds had following productive parameters: mean body weight of age-3 fish was 458 g in males and 453 g in females. Mean working fecundity of age-3 fish as 1847 eggs, mean relative working fecundity was 3971 eggs, the mean qualitative parameters of which were: weight of 61.5 g, diameter of 74.7 mm. The reproductive characteristics of age-3 males was high – mean fecundity was 1391 million sperm cells, their motility was 35 sec.
Originality. For the first time we reared a stock of brood brown trout in industrial conditions with the use of feeding with specialized artificial feeds.
Practical value. The obtained results are a component of the development of a complex technology of salmonid fish rearing with an objective to broad the assortment of valuable gourmet products and to justify the measures on artificial reproduction of brown trout in rivers of the Carpathian region.
Keywords: brood brown trout (Salmo trutta), working fecundity, relative working fecundity, productivity.
- Berg L. S. (1949). Ryby presnykh vod SSSR i sopredel'nykh stran. Moskva : AN SSR.
- Ustych, V. I., & Mruk, A. I. (2003). Istorychni aspekty ta perspektyvy vidrodzhennia lososivnytstva v Zakarpatti. Ratsionalne vykorystannia vodnykh resursiv — neobkhidnyi element stiikoho rozvytku : 3-ia robocha zustrich Ukrainskoi richkovoi merezhi, s. Osii (Uzhhorod) 26-29 cherv. 2003 r. Uzhhorod : Lira, 42-45.
- Mruk, A. I., Ustych, V. I., & Maslianka, I. I. (2005). Suchasnyi stan ta perspektyvy vidtvorennia tsinnykh lososevykh vydiv ryb v Zakarpatti. Problemy vosproizvodstva aborigennykh vidov ryb, 196-200.
- Mruk, A. I., Ustych, V. I., & Maslianka, I. I. (2009). Sklad ikhtiofauny richky Irshava. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 1(7), 16-21.
- Bunt. C. M., Cooke, S. J., Katopodis, C., & McKinley, R. S. (1999). Movement and summer habitat of brown trout (Salmo trutta) below a pulsed discharge hydroelectric generating station. Regulated Rivers-Research & Management, 15, 395-440. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1646(199909/10)15:5<395::aid-rrr556>3.0.CO;2-1
- Mruk, A. I., Khandozhivska, A. I., & Velykopolskyi, I. I. (2012). Prohnozovanyi vplyv budivnytstva mini HES na populiatsii tsinnykh lososevykh ryb karpatskoho rehionu. Sovremennye problemy gidrobiologii, perspektivy puti i metody reshenyi : III mezhdunar. konf., 17-19 maia 2012 g. Kherson, 289-293.
- Didenko, A., Mruk, A., & Kruzhylina, S. (2009). Challenges to restoration of salmonids in streams of the Ukrainian part of the Carpathians. International Workshop on the Restoration of Fish Populations, September 1-4. Düsseldorf, Germany, 25.
- Gritsinyak, I. I., & Mruk, A. I. (2010). Sostoyanie i perspektivy vosproizvodstva redkikh i ischezayushchikh presnovodnykh vidov lososevykh ryb v Ukraine. Vosproizvodstvo estestvennykh populyatsiy tsennykh vidov ryb : mezhd. konf., 20-22 aprelya 2010. Sankt-Peterburg, 48-50.
- Didenko, A. & Mruk, A. (2010). Conservation and restoration of nativ salmonids in Ukrainian Carpathians: perspectives and challenges. Advances in the Population Ecology of Stream Salmonids : International Symposium, May 17-23, 2010. Luarca, Asturias, Spain.
- Pravdin, I. F. (1966). Rukovodstvo po izucheniyu ryb. Moskva : Pishchevaya
- Galasun, P. T., Bulatovich, M. A., & Borbat, M. O. (1987). Tekhnologicheskaya instruktsiya po proizvodstvu raduzhnoy foreli v razlichnykh tipakh khozyaystv Ukrainy. L'vov.
- Ramsey, F. L., & Shafer, D. W. (1997). The statistical sleuth: a course in methods of data analysis. Duxbury Press.
- Mruk, A. I., Terterian, L. L., Khandozhivska, A. I., & Terterian, L. A. (2013). Monitorynh rostu strumkovoi foreli v industrialnykh umovakh hospodarstva “Ishkhan”. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy, 1, 31-38. https://doi.org/10.15407/fsu2013.01.031