Ribogospod. nauka Ukr., 2016; 1(35): 43-56
REARING OF PELED (COREGONUS PELED Gmelin) IN POLYCULTURE WITH CYPRINIDS (CYPRINIDAE) AND STURGEONS (ACIPENSERIDAE)
, Institute of Fisheries NAAS, Kyiv
Purpose. To analyze the results of rearing and provide aquaculture-biological characteristic of peled reared in polyculture with sturgeons and cyprinids based on pond technology.
Methodology. The material for the studies were fry, young-of-the-year, yearlings and age-1+ peled produced from eggs exported in March 2009 from Russian Federation. Rearing of peled was carried out based on the technology developed by the All-Union Scientific and Research Institute of Pond Fish Culture for coregonids with the use of methodical recommendations on the biotechnology of industrial rearing of seed coregonids. Studies were carried out at the pond fish farm “Korop” of Lviv region. Water supply of rearing ponds was done by self-flow.
The investigation of fish diet and hydrobiological studies were carried out using conventional methods.
Findings. We performed a study of fish egg incubation and produced larvae with their further rearing in floating cages to the fingerling stage.
Rearing of peled in polyculture allows increasing the fish productivity parameters at the first year of rearing by 1.3%, at the second year by 0.9%. Average weights of age-1 and age-1+ peled were 185.3 g and 450 g, respectively. In these rearing conditions, daily growth of the young-of-the-year was within 0.1-1.5 g, age-1+ – 1.1-3.3 g. As a positive result of rearing, we should note high weight gain during winter period that was more than 50%.
We also investigated qualitative and quantitative composition of zooplankton and peled juvenile diet.
Originality. The works of peled rearing based on pond technology in polyculture with sturgeons and cyprinids were carried out in the conditions of Ukraine for the first time.
Practical value. The results of the performed works along with similar previous works on peled rearing in ponds will be used for the creation of methodical recommendations on rearing of peled seeds, which will be used by Ukrainian fish farms in future.
Keywords: peled, pond rearing, polyculture, growth, weight, zooplankton, feeding.
- Golovkov, G. A., & Kuz'min, A. N. (1970). Instruktsiya po razvedeniyu pelyadi v prudakh i ozerakh. Leningrad.
- Nesterenko, N. A., & Kats, S. E. (1991). Khimicheskiy sostav i pishchevaya tsennost' novykh ob'ektov akklimatizatsii i tovarnogo vyrashchivaniya ryb v ozerakh yuga Zapadnoy Sibiri. Ryboproduktivnost' ozer Zapadnoy Sibiri. Novosibirsk : Nauka. Sib. otd., 64-70.
- Burmakin, E. V. (1953). Biologiya i rybokhozyaystvennoe znachenie pelyadi. Trudy Barabinskogo otdeleniya VNIORKh, І, IV, 24-89. Novosibirsk.
- Solov'ev, V. P., & Novoselova, Z. I. (1990). Sigovye ryby v karpovo-sigovoy zone ozernogo rybovodstva. Chetvertoe vsesoyuznoe soveshchanie po biologii i biotekhnike razvedeniya sigovykh ryb. Leningrad, 144-146.
- Lyubarskiy, A. I. (1963). Abioticheskie faktory pri vselenii sigovykh ryb v vodoemy Ukrainskoy SSR. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kiev : Ukrainskaya sel'skokhozyaystvennaya akademiya.
- Kanep, S. V. (1972). Biologicheskie i morfologicheskie osobennosti pelyadi Coregonus peled (Gmelin) v malykh ozerakh severo-zapada SSSR. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Leningrad : GosNIORKh.
- Tereshenkov, I. I. (1979). Biologicheskie osnovy tovarnogo vyrashchivaniya karpa, pelyadi, belogo amura i pestrogo tolstolobika v ozerakh Severo-Zapada. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Leningrad : GosNIORKh.
- Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po biotekhnike industrial'nogo vyrashchivaniya ryboposadochnogo materiala sigovykh ryb. (1991). Sankt-Peterburg.
- Kanid'ev, A. M., Gamygin, E. A., & Ponomarev, S. G. (1987). Instruktsiya po biotekhnike vyrashchivaniya molodi sigovykh ryb. VNIIPRKh.
- Pryrodna kormova baza vyroshchuvalnykh ta nahulnykh staviv i shliakhy yii pokrashchennia. Metodychni rekomendatsii. (1997). Kyiv : UAAN, Min-vo ryb. hosp.
- Zhadin, V. I. (Ed.). (1940). Zhizn' presnykh vod SSSR. Moskva, Leningrad, AN SSSR.
- Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po primeneniyu sovremennykh metodov izucheniya pitaniya ryb i rascheta rybnoy produktsii po kormovoy baze v estestvennykh vodoemakh. (1986). Leningrad : GosNIORKh.
- Sozinov, I. A. (1984). Ekologiya pitaniya, rost i produktsiya sigovykh ryb, vyrashchivaemykh v polikul'ture v ozerakh yuga Zapadnoy Sibiri. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Leningrad : GosNIORKh.